Last August, our SAP GRC and SAP Security consultant, Uxío Fernández, attended the SAP Insider 2020 event held virtually. The event consists of a series of international conferences from various fields of SAP, the most interesting for us being those related to SAP GRC and SAP Security. In these sessions, topics such as case studies with best practices to be compared or improvements in the functionalities of existing products for the future are presented.
Thus, below we bring you the main conclusions to share with you:
- The great variety of sessions that the event has in its agenda, makes it have as a target audience from higher level profiles such as internal control managers, to more technical profiles involved in the implementation of SAP solutions, among others.
- There is a strong emphasis on migrations from ECC systems to the new S/4 HANA solution from a safety point of view. It reports on various changes that may affect the authorization model and customer risk matrices, through lessons learned exposed based on implementations already made. Also interesting are the references to official documentation published by SAP that can help customers in their migrations (Simplification list for SAP S/4HANA).
- It has explained the reasons that could lead a customer to decide between the implementation of GRC AC (On-Premise), or the implementation of Identity Access Governance (Cloud), in addition to the possibilities of integration between them, and how they can provide customers with a complete solution for managing access to their systems both On-Premise and cloud.
- The topic “RPA – Robotic Process Automation” is discussed with practical examples of the introduction of artificial intelligence into the more mechanical SAP processes, such as reviewing system access requests, in GRC.
- Finally, this event allowed us to learn more about the medium-term strategy of SAP solutions, providing information about future updates and new functionalities that will be available to help customers in their activities.